Here's a cute and frugal way to tidy up the pencils, pens, scissors or even paint brushes on your desk or work space area.
Here's what you'll need:
- Cans (used fruit or vegetable cans)
- Spray paint
- Washi tape
- Scrapbook paper
- Hot glue or whatever adhesive you prefer
The list of materials you could use for this project is endless. Just have fun and use your imagination!
Here's what you'll do:
- Wash can(s) thoroughly, remove label. If the label doesn't come off too easily and you are in a hurry like me and don't want to wait hours to soak the label off with water - WD40 will bring the sticky glue off.
- Allow cans to dry well.
- In our case, this can was painted with left over spray paint, allowed to air dry, then a second coat of paint was applied. Make sure to spray a few inches inside the can.
- Measure the circumference of the can, cut the length of Washi tape needed. Apply tape around can.
It is that easy! You could wrap jute around the can for a natural look, you could use scrapbook paper, ribbons or other embellishments. This would make a great craft to let your kids make! Enjoy